I don’t write about books here very much, though I’m going to try and change that. I suppose they take a lot more time, both to read and to process, than most comics and movies, and I’m very, very lazy much of the time. I also tend not to read a lot of new books – generally only my favourite authors, and even fewer than that lure me into buy a hardcover – and it feels kind of odd blogging about a book that came out two or three years ago. But whatever.
2007 already has three books I’ll be looking forward to, and will probably lure me into the bookstore soon after release:
- Un Lun Dun, by China Mieville
- Black Man, by Richard K. Morgan
- Crooked Little Vein, by Warren Ellis
- You Suck, by Chrisopher Moore. (a sequel to Bloodsucking Fiends, from what I can gather)
- English translation of After Dark, by Haruki Murakami.
Plus probably other stuff I haven’t even heard of, since I don’t pay huge attention to press and news from the literary world. Good reading ahead, and hopefully some relatively suck-free blogging)